EACH AND EVERYONE OF WE OUR WINES CAN BE ENJOYED AT ITS OWN TIME, AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL GET THE MOST OUT OF THE FRUIT OF OUR WORK


Explore all of our wines:

ARAICO
FERMENTADO EN BARRICA

  • VariedadViura 100%
  • 6 months

VINO DE VILLABUENA

The smallholdings we have in Villabuena and Samaniego, exclusively used for growing the viura variety, are the ones that give us these high-quality grapes. The fermentation process they undergo is done in new barrels made of fine-grained French oak. The ageing time is variable, and it depends on the oenologist’s assessment after tasting the wine, a process he completes every six weeks. A white wine with ageing which does not lose the fruit.

Annual production: 1000 bottles

Wine-pairing with tapas and served during the meal, the perfect fit for this wine; it can be combined with rice and white fish.

ARAICO
BLANCO

  • VariedadViura 85% and Malvasía 15%
  • Vineyard 80 years of age
  • Fermentation of low temperature

VINO DE VILLABUENA

It is made with grapes from vineyards more than 80 years old, and they undergo a low temperature fermentation process in order to preserve the bouquets and the fruitiness in the wine; this way, we get a wine with special features.

Wine-pairing with tapas and served during the meal, the perfect fit for this wine; it can be combined with rice and white fish.

ARAICO
Reserva

  • VariedadTempranillo
  • 24 months
  • 12 months

VINO DE VILLABUENA

It is made with 100% tempranillo-variety grapes, and it requires long macerations (28 days). Then, it is stored in barrels for 24 months (60% of that time it is ageing in French-oak barrels, and the other 40% in American-oak barrels). Finally, the process finishes in the bottle rack.

Wine-pairing with red meats, stews, and game, the perfect fit for this wine.

ARAICO
CRIANZA

  • VariedadTempranillo 80% and Garnacha 20%
  • 12 months
  • 6 months

VINO DE VILLABUENA

Vintage wine made from vineyards more than 40 years old located in Villabuena de Álava. It has undergone an ageing process of 12 months in French-oak barrels (60%), and American oak barrels (40%); then, it stands bottled.

Wine-pairing with red meats and all kinds of stews or roasts, the perfect fit for this wine.

ARAICO
AUTOR

  • VariedadTempranillo 100%
  • Vineyards more than 80 years old
  • 4 months
  • Traditional grape stomping

VINO DE VILLABUENA

We choose just one of our tempranillo-variety vineyards, more than 80 years old, and we harvest its grapes manually, using boxes where we can only put up to 12 kilos. Then, we make this wine, which is modern and, at the same time, very linked to the essence of Rioja Alavesa.

We use new barrels made of French oak and American oak, and the wine spends 50% of the time in each type of barrel for four months. This way, the best tannins and flavours of the wood can be transmitted and, at the same time, the fruit still stands out.

Wine-pairing with red meats and all kinds of stews or roasts, the perfect fit for this wine.

ARAICO
Joven

  • VariedadTempranillo 90% and Viura 10%
  • Carbonic maceration
  • Traditional grape-stomping

VINO DE VILLABUENA

By means of both the carbonic maceration and the traditional stepping-on-grapes processes, we get a very intense, fruity wine, with piquancy and easy to drink.

Wine-pairing with red meats and all kinds of stews or roasts, the perfect fit for this wine.

VILLABUENA DE ÁLAVA/ESKUERNAGA

A VILLAGE THAT HAS FOUND ITS NAMES AND ITS HISTORY AGAIN